McBubba's Stuffed Quahaugs (stuffies) Recipe
McBubba likes good food. Local seafood restaurant stuffies were disapointing. This recipe is the result of try, adjust and retry. It will not disapoint!
- 1 dozen fresh quahaugs
- ½ lb. bacon ¼ inch pieces
- 1-2 onions chopped
- 1-2 celery stalks ¼ inch strip then chop
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tsp Frank’s hot sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ bag corn bread stuffing mix
- ½ bag herbed bread stuffing mix
- Buy Quahaugs, scrub well then freeze them in their shell. When frozen, open , chop, put in zip-lock and back in freezer.
- Wash shells in dishwasher. Plan on doing this much at least one day in advance.
- In a large skillet, try bacon until almost crisp. Drain off half of the fat.
- Add onions, celery and red pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add the butter. Melt and then add the lemon juice, hot sauce and black pepper. Turn off the heat
- Mix well and then stir in the stuffing mixes
- Combine stuffing and chopped Quahaugs. Stuff the clean shells. Bake in a hot (375 deg.) oven 15-20 min.
- Serve and enjoy! Goes well with a cold lager.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.