Gatored Green Beans Recipe
I have never cooked with alligator meat before, so I could not pass up the opportunity to create a recipe with this savory delicacy.
Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh green beans with ends removed
- 3 Tbsp corn oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup thin sliced portabella mushroom caps
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup rough diced Aligator Jerky
- Steam the green beans for 3-5 miunutes until just tender.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and add the oil and one tablespoon of the butter. Once melted saute the sliced mushrooms for a few minutes until just browned.
- Drain the beans and stir them into the mushrooms.
- Use a garlic press and squeeze the garlic cloves into the fry pan. Saute with the remaining butter for a few minutes then add the diced alligator jerky.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir and saute for 1-2 more minutes until heated through. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.