Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
How to Make Italian Stuffed Mini Peppers.
Read more: http://croce-delizia.blogspot.com/2010/07/peperoncini-ripieni.html
- 10 small sized red peppers (papaccella napoletana)
- 1 tablespoon salted or pickled capers, rinsed
- 10 pitted sweet black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 or 3 salted anchovies (canned if need be), rinsed, boned, and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Oregano to taste
- 100 grams of Provolone cheese
- 1 small bunch parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 12 fresh small tomatoes ("pachino" or "datterino" varieties), chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat over to 180C/350F.
- Wash the red peppers, carefully cut the tops off and remove the seeds and ribs.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet and saute onion and garlic until pale-goldenwith, about 5 munutes. Stir in the, tomatoes. Cook over an extremely low flame for a few minutes, until they are soft but not disintegrating. Then stir in the minced anchovies. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the bread crumbs, capers, Provolone cheese (cut into small)cube, pine nuts, oregano and ground black pepper to taste. Taste the mixture and add salt if need be.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture.
- Put the peppers in a well-oiled ovenproof dish, sprinkle them with oil to taste (I’d go with a quarter cup or so) and roast them for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. They’re wonderful served cold, and even better the next day.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.