pizza sauce recipe Recipe
It is so very easy. I used to think that a pizza sauce was something difficult but I was wrong. This is a recipe inspired by Jamie Oliver and if I can do it, you can do it too! http://www.all-about-italian-food.com
- canned peeled tomatoes 0.88 pounds
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- half onion
- a garlic glove
- basil leaves
- Put the oil on a pan and add the other ingredients. It is not necesssary to mince or chop them. Let it cook for about 10 minutes and turn off the gas.
- Take a strainer and pass the tomato mix through it (that’s why you don’t need to mince the ingredients). You will have a more liquid and homogeneous salsa that you will then spread on your dough.
- This is the basis of most pizzas. You can then add mozzarella (cut in cubes), oregano, basil leaves and a thread of extra virgin olive oil.
- You can vary your toppings according to your taste. You can add sliced fresh tomatoes, sliced peperoni, rocket or whatever you want.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.