Strawberry Bacon Hot BBQ Sauce
The spicy smoky bacony flavor of the hot sauce is a perfect compliment to the sweet strawberries in this tangy tasty bbq sauce
- 16 oz ripe topped and quartered strawberies
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Bacon Hot Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 c up molasses
- 1 packed cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp dark cocoa powder (or 1 oz dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp dried spearmint
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1Add all ingredients to a medium sized heavy saucepan and mix well.
- 2Simmer over medium low heat for 45 minutes until reduced by 1/3.
- 3Cool slightly and blend until smooth with an immersion blender orin a food processor.
- 4Cool completely before serving. Use as a baste just at the end of grilling or as a dip.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved