Perfect Pimm's Cup Recipe
The Pimm’s Cup is to Wimbledon what the Mint Julep is to the Kentucky Derby. This cool, easy-drinking cocktail can sneak up on you, so sip slowly while you watch the matches. If you prefer more Pimm’s liqueur and no additional gin in your drink, swap the gin for another ounce of Pimm’s.
- 1/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled, freshly grated ginger
- 3 to 4 mint leaves
- 1 (3/4-inch-thick) lemon wedge (about 1/8 of a medium lemon)
- 1 ounce dry gin
- 1 ounce Pimm’s No. 1
- English cucumber, sliced lengthwise into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounces ginger ale
- Place the simple syrup, ginger, mint, and lemon wedge in a cocktail shaker and muddle gently. Add the gin and Pimm’s and stir to combine.
- Fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with ice. Coil 1 to 2 strips of cucumber around the inside top half of the glass. Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glass and top with the ginger ale. Stir gently and add additional ice cubes to fill.