Macadamia Lemon Bars Recipe
These lemon bars melt in your mouth. They are tart and nutty and so good you will get many rave reviews from this recipe. I make these a lot for showers and bake sales, they are easy to transport and everyone loves them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, confectioners’ sugar and butter; stir in nuts. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350 F. for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 1 dozen
- Check out more recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.