Madd Russian "Look bad, Taste good" Recipe
As a Kid I was forced to eat slaw, which I did not like, but I found if I mixed it with mashed potatoes and added tomato ketchup it was fairly good.
I acquired a taste for it and found it was better with iceberg lettuce and Heinz tomato ketchup.
I now do a ½ head of lettuce and 2 ½ LB mashed potatoes and Heinz tomato ketchup as dinner now.
Dig in and enjoy.
It one of my favorite meals
- 5 Lb. potatoes peeled, washed and sliced, ¼ inch
- ¼ stick butter, soft (use only 1/2 stick, so it's 1/8 LB)
- ½ pt sour cream (use only 1/4 to 1/2 PT) to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Milk as needed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 bottle Heinz tomato ketchup 1 bottle Heinz tomato ketchup 1 bottle Heinz tomato ketchup 1 bottle Heinz tomato ketchup, to taste
- Put peeled washed and sliced, ¼ inch, potatoes in a pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Simmer till potatoes are fork soft. Drain water off. With a elect mixer (hand held or not) start beating potatoes. Add 1/4 to 1/2 stick butter 1/4 sour cream* and some milk. Season with a little salt and pepper. Keep beating adding milk as need till smooth and elastic. When a smooth concisely is attained, (I try for a smooth that will peek like wipe cream but thicker). Now add more salt and pepper to taste.
- adj. to taste
- Take the head of iceberg lettuce and cut in ½. Cut core out and remove all wilted leaves. Now slice it into ¼ inch slices
- . Put a large hand full of iceberg lettuce in a soup boll and top with 2 or 3 heaping table spoons of mashed potatoes. Mix together and top with Heinz tomato ketchup.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.