This is my favorite summer lunch and the first thing I make when I get to Cape Cod each year. Originally inspired by a Jamie Oliver dish. If you are lucky enough to spend any time in New England this is a must try. First find a Fish Market that sells and steams fresh lobsters. I recommend ordering a ten pounder! The bigger the lobster the better the meat to shell ratio and the price per pound goes down. The claws and tail are so big you can literally slice inch thick steaks out of them. Even the body meat comes out in huge chunks. A $60 ten pounder will easily feed six people with leftovers for lobster rolls later. Below, “Hand Torn” gives this luxurious dish a rough and ready casualness. The combination of crisp greens, juicy peaches, creamy cheese, salty ham and luscious Lobster is out of this world!
- 1Whisk dressing of Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Dijon, Salt and Pepper
- 2Cover a Large Platter with a bed of Mixed Greens
- 3Lay Torn up Peaches, Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Lobster evenly over Greens
- 4Drizzle Dressing over all
- 5Shave Parmesan and Sprinkle Herbs over top
- 6Place whole platter in center of table
- 7Serve with basket of Bread and a Buttery Chardonnay!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.