Summer Salad with Lobster Recipe
This is my favorite summer lunch and the first thing I make when I get to Cape Cod each year. Originally inspired by a Jamie Oliver dish. If you are lucky enough to spend any time in New England this is a must try. First find a Fish Market that sells and steams fresh lobsters. I recommend ordering a ten pounder! The bigger the lobster the better the meat to shell ratio and the price per pound goes down. The claws and tail are so big you can literally slice inch thick steaks out of them. Even the body meat comes out in huge chunks. A $60 ten pounder will easily feed six people with leftovers for lobster rolls later. Below, “Hand Torn” gives this luxurious dish a rough and ready casualness. The combination of crisp greens, juicy peaches, creamy cheese, salty ham and luscious Lobster is out of this world!
- 10 pound lobster steamed, shelled and sliced into steaks - allow 2 per person
- 1 pound mixed greens
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and hand torn in quarters
- 3 balls of Buffalo Mozzarella, hand torn in quarters
- 12 slices of Prosciutto
- Hunk of Parmesan Cheese
- Bunch of Fresh Basil or Tarragon, chopped
- 4 Lemons Juiced
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Baguette - French Bread, Hand Torn into large chunks
- Whisk dressing of Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Dijon, Salt and Pepper
- Cover a Large Platter with a bed of Mixed Greens
- Lay Torn up Peaches, Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Lobster evenly over Greens
- Drizzle Dressing over all
- Shave Parmesan and Sprinkle Herbs over top
- Place whole platter in center of table
- Serve with basket of Bread and a Buttery Chardonnay!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.