I recently made this dish after finding an unused jar of Tandori paste in my cupboard. It took 10 minutes ( – the marinating time) and was delicious.
- 1In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients, except the Tuna, until evenly incorporated
- 2Put the Tuna steaks in a ziplock bag just large enough to hold them
- 3Pour in the marinade and place in the fridge for 2 to 6 hours
- 4Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat on an outside grill or burner until it is too hot to hold your hand over for 2 seconds, if you have a hood and fan you can make it inside, but be prepared for a lot of smoke
- 5Pour the cold canola oil into the pan and swirl to coat.
- 6Add the Tuna Steaks placing them down away from your body
- 7Sear for two minutes on the first side, flip and sear for one minute on the second
- 8For a sauce pour the remaining marinade into the empty pan off the heat and immediatley drizzle over the Tuna Steaks
- 1Slice across the grain of the meat and serve over rice or soba noodles with steamed or sauteed vegetables
- 2Garnish with chives or chopped cilantro if desired
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.