Hot Baby Bok Choy Recipe
I whipped this up one night in a hurry as a vegetable side. I served this with barbecued boneless/skinless chicken thighs (marinated in teriyaki, fresh ginger & garlic) and a spicy jasmine rice.
- Four bunches baby bok choy
- I can water chestnuts
- 1 fresh, hot red pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 T fish sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 t light soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 T dark sesame oil
- Cut baby bok choy at the base and separate leaves. Wash in a cold water bath to remove all dirt.
- Slice baby bok choy on an angle including leaves.
- Combine water, rice vinegar, sugar, fish sauce and light soy sauce and heat on the stove or in the microwave until the sugar is dissolved. Add water chestnuts to the mixture.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet. Add boy choy and stir fry on medium for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet/sour sauce with water chestnuts and chilis. Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.