Coke Cake Recipe
It is a very easy and fast cake, perfect to go with tea. Delicious!
Tip #1: If the eggs are extra large add 1 tb spoon of flour.
Tip #2: If the topping mixture is too thick ( depending on the coconut milk) add 1 tb spoon of milk.
- 1/2 cups of suggar
- 2 cups of all purpose flour or you can you use half regular half whole wheat
- 1 table spoon of baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 table spoons of corn oil
- 1 cup of coke (can be diet)
- 1/2 can of condensed milk ( for topping)
- 100 ml of coconut milk (for topping)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetend flaked coconut (for decorating - optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder,suggar in l bowl and whisk to aerate and break up any lumps. Set aside.
- Put in the blender all other ingredients except for the condensed milk and the coconut milk (which are for the topping)
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, mixing until the flour is just incorporated. Add the rest and mix it until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Heat oven to 300°F.
Butter a cake pan and dust with flour, tapping out excess. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top of the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. .
- MIx the milk and coconut milk togheter. Lightly perforate top of the cake with a toothpick or fork, poking a hole about every 3/4 inch or so. While the cake is hot
drizzle topping very slowly all over top of cake in pan. Try not to let it run over the sides. The cake will absorb the topping. Continue drizzling until all of the topping is used. Sprinkle the coconut flakes on the top. Serve it at room temperature or cool.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.