Doughnut Recipe Recipe
Doughnut is popular sweet pastry which is either deep fried or baked. It’s made with lots of variation for centuries. Is a typical English food known world wide. It may be spell as donut or doughnut.
The doughnut is often sprinkled with sugar or other toppings, and may be frosted or glazed as well and is associated in some nations with breakfast or at lunch time. A doughnut or donut is a type of fried dough food.
They are usually sweet, deep-fried from flour dough. Other types of dough such as potato can also be used as well as other batters.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 table spoon baking powder
- 1 cup warm milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 donut cutter
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Take a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat an egg add and into the bowl. Wisk well for few minutes till a nice creamy froth comes. Pour the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add baking powder, salt, sea salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, mashed potatoes and sugar together. Mix well again. We can use the vanilla essence instead of cinnamon or nutmeg powder. These are for adding extra flavor to doughnuts. Add the warm milk.
- Add slowly the pour into the mixture and combine all the ingredients together until nice smooth dough is prepared. It must be elastic in texture. Brush additional melted butter lightly over top of dough and cover with waxed paper.
- Drape tea towel over top of bowl and put it in a warm place to rise for 2 hours. When ready, punch down in the bowl then turn it out on a heavily floured board. Take the dough and roll to one-half inch thick using a donut cutter. Put them on well buttered waxed paper on cookie sheet.
- Now heat oil in a deep frying pan Fry them till a nice golden brown doughnuts are ready. Maintain a medium flame while frying, otherwise it may but from outside and the doughnuts will remain uncooked from inside. Gently remove donuts with spatula into hot oil, turning once, till golden. Drain them on paper towels. Now sprinkle some icing sugar over the top of the doughnuts.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.