Apple-Brined Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
These are fantastic on the grill, but also come out terrific in a frying pan. I suppose the chops are more or less marinated than brined, but that’s beside the point. Once you try this method, regardless of the seasoning you prefer, you’ll never go Shake n’ Bake again!
- 4 boneless pork chops, a little bigger than palm-sized, about 1 in. thick
- 2 c unsweetened apple juice
- splash of white vinegar
- 1 Tbs sea salt (just my pref., you could use table salt)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sugar
- for a little fire, seed and mince a dried red chili
- Mix apple juice and seasonings in a flat baking dish.
- Dip both sides of chops in the mixture and marinate (preferably) overnight or at least two hours, turning halfway to evenly soak all sides.
- Grill (I use charcoal) 5 minutes per side for light pink center, or 5 and 6 minutes for fully cooked but no less tender!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.