Warm Salad of Asparagus Spears and Seared Lamb Chops with Fresh Mint Vinaigrette Recipe
Fresh California Asparagus and lamb are a great duo for lunch or dinner. Asparagus is in peak season right now and this year’s crop is one of the best with plenty of the succulent, crisp green spears available until June! Recipe and photo courtesy of the California Asparagus Commission.
- 4 1 to 1-1/4 inch thick lamb loin chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 lbs. asparagus, ends discarded
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- Season the chops with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Sear each side of the chops for 3-4 minutes for medium rare. Remove chops from pan. Set aside. Cover loosely to keep warm. Pour off any fat left in skillet while keeping lamb juices in the pan. Add stock and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Boil until the liquid reduces to 1-2 tablespoons. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vinegar. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Cut asparagus into 3 inch spears. Steam until tender. Arrange warm asparagus and lamb on serving plate. Pour warm vinaigrette all over. Top with feta, onions and olives. Serve immediately.
- Nutrients per serving:
- Calories 314, fat 22 gms, calories from fat 194, saturated fat 9 gms, cholesterol 62 gms, sodium 300 mg, dietary fiber 8 gms, protein 25 gms
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.