Strawberry–Cream Cheese Frosting
Fresh strawberry sauce adds a sweet element to tangy cream cheese frosting. Excellent on cupcakes or to fancy up plain cookies.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup Chunky Strawberry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat at low speed until the sugar and strawberries are incorporated, about 15 seconds.
- 2Increase speed to medium high and beat until the frosting is light and whipped, about 3 to 4 minutes. Refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid until ready to use. When ready to use, beat the refrigerated frosting in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for 1 to 2 minutes until it reaches the desired spreading consistency.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved