Horseradish-Cream Sauce Recipe
This sauce is usually served with a big, juicy steak for good reason: The pairing is magical. But that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious in other applications. Try it on a baked potato, as a sauce for shrimp, drizzled over roasted asparagus, or as a substitute for mayonnaise.
This recipe was featured as part of our Meaty, Boozy Father’s Day Menu.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper