Chocolate Picnic Cake Recipe
This rich,moist chocolate cake is easy to pack in lunches or take on a picnic,it freezes well so you could always have one on hand.This cake is great served with ice cream!
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave,melt chocolate;cool for 10 minutes.Combine the flour,baking soda and salt;set aside.In a mixing bowl,beat the egg and sugar.Beat in the water and oil.Stir in melted chocolate and dry ingredients;mix until blended.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square pan.Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.Cool on a wire rack.
- Check out more great recipes at:
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.