Pizza/Red Sauce Recipe
I developed this sauce for my fiance who is allergic to onions. We both love pizza and red sauce for pasta but neither of us wanted to deal with the drowsiness that comes with taking allergy meds. This receipe is good for (2) large pizzas or a few rounds of pasta. I’m used to cooking for a large family, so I haven’t quite got the knack for cooking small.
- 32oz canned tomatoes (crushed or whole)
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped (depending on how strong you want it)
- 2-3 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 8oz grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- Empty crushed tomatoes into medium saucepan. If using whole drain and crush before hand. Cook on medium heat.
- Stir in spices (and cheese if desired) and continue to cook, uncovered, for 10-20 minutes. Keep stirring so the dauce doesn’t scorch.
- The sauce tends to be a little thick. If you prefer it to be thin, just add water till you get the desired consistency. This sauce should keep for about two weeks in a sealed container in the refridgerator.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.