Sriracha Ice Cream Recipe
Enjoy, fellow lovers of food adventures!
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of half and half
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 t. Sriracha
- a pinch of sale
- In a small sauce pan heat milk, salt, sugar and Sriracha. In a bowl stir (don’t beat) egg yolks
- Separate egg yolks into bowl. When the milk is warmed and the sugar dissolved, gradually add some of the warmed milk into the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Once you have added about half of the milk into the yolks gradually add the yolk/milk mixture into the pan with the rest of the milk.
- Cook this over a low heat, stirring constantly. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the pan.
- When the mixture has thickened, enough to coat the spoon and the sides of the pan (~ 20 minutes), strain the custard into a bowl containing the half and half.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate until it is cool (~2 hours).
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Amaze your friends.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.