- 1In a small sauce pan heat milk, salt, sugar and Sriracha. In a bowl stir (don’t beat) egg yolks
- 2Separate egg yolks into bowl. When the milk is warmed and the sugar dissolved, gradually add some of the warmed milk into the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- 3Once you have added about half of the milk into the yolks gradually add the yolk/milk mixture into the pan with the rest of the milk.
- 4Cook this over a low heat, stirring constantly. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the pan.
- 5When the mixture has thickened, enough to coat the spoon and the sides of the pan (~ 20 minutes), strain the custard into a bowl containing the half and half.
- 6Stir, cover and refrigerate until it is cool (~2 hours).
- 7Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- 8Amaze your friends.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.