There’s a restaurant in Tel Aviv called Dixie, which has been serving some of the best chicken wings in town for years. I decided to go and try to make them myself at home. I could not believe it was so easy! These are the most addictive chicken wings I ever ate.
- 1Clean and pat dry your wings and cut any tips.
Mix the flour with the black pepper and coat the wings. Deep fry them in hot oil or in a skillet., until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- 2To prepare the sauce, mix the sweet chili sauce and the Sriracha in a small pan. heat until it almost boils. Remove from heat and add in the butter and whisk energetically. The sauce will turn creamy and lighter in color.
- 3Transfer your chicken wings to a large bowl and pour the hot sauce. Toss until the wings are well coated.
- 4Optionally, if you want to give it more zing, you can add finely chopped garlic to the sauce, at the same time you mixed the chili and sriracha sauce.
- 5As a side note, this sauce also works wonderfully with other dishes, like deep fried fish, onion rings or even roasted potatoes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.