Green Chicken Soup Recipe
I can tell this Green Chicken Soup is going to become one of my go to dishes in no time at all. I love this soup because it is an easy way to take in powerfully nutritious greens.
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded chicken (optional, though nice)
- Place chicken stock in a soup pot over medium heat, reserving 2 cups stock
- Take reserved stock and blend it with kale in a vita mix, until smooth and creamy
- Pour kale-stock mixture into pot of chicken stock
- Add carrots and mushrooms (and shredded chicken if you have it)
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved