Kid-friendly delicious “homemade” soup ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1Bring 2 qts of broth to simmer
- 2Add 1 cup “instant” brown rice
- 3Peel carrots; cut into largish (1 inch or so) chunks, add to soup
- 4Rip meat off of chickens; 1 chicken gives nice side dish soup, 2 chickens gives very meaty, almost stew, main dish result. You choose.
- 5Add meat to soup.
- 6When rice is done, carrots are tender & meat is added, stir in box of spinach. Just stir it in to wilt—don’t overcook.
- 7Add additional quart of stock—more or less to your taste.
No other seasonings needed.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.