Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- A few sprigs or 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or thyme (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and toss with oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and herbs (if using). Make sure the potatoes are well coated with oil and the baking dish is also well oiled. Add more as needed.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Check the potatoes. They should be tender all the way through when pierced with a knife but still a little firm. If they are not, give them another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan before serving.