Ginger Cilantro Green Shake Recipe
The idea for this green smoothie comes from the amazing Sarma of oneluckyduck.com. I recently purchased her book Living Raw Food and am loving it. While some of the recipes can be complex, she has many that can be made in minutes.
This Ginger Cilantro Shake is a hybrid of her Cilantro-Pineapple Shake and her Bangkok Baby. Here is my version, a nice healthy green drink for Saint Patrick’s day.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cucumber (no need to peel), cut into pieces
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ finger length ginger (no need to peel)
- 5 little pieces pineapple
- In a blender, combine cilantro, cucumber, lime juice (and a little water if needed to help blend)
- Blend in ginger and pineapple until smooth
- Pour into a big glass
- Sip slowly like wine, to help with digestion
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.