These Peppermint Patties are Gluten Free and Vegan. And they are good. Even to someone who does not care for the idea of chocolate and mint. Someone who is Jewish and does not celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Likes them. And ate too many.
- 1In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, agave and peppermint oil, mixing with a spoon
- 2Smash clumps of coconut oil against side of bowl until mixture is smooth
- 3Freeze mixture for a few minutes until it starts to harden, then remove from freezer
- 4Use a 1.5 teaspoon ice cream scoop to measure out little balls onto a parchment lined plate
- 5Place plate in freezer to firm up mint balls; when firm, remove from freezer
- 6Squish balls down into flat little patties on parchment paper
- 7Dip patties into melted chocolate (use spoon to drop patty into melted chocolate, dip and remove)
- 8Place patties on parchment paper to harden (takes 10 minutes though on a summer day you may need to refreeze)
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.