This chocolate cheesecake recipe delivers a delicious, creamy, and smooth cake. The cake actually is not that heavy. It is just right. It is fluffy and it just melts in your mouth. It is also easy to make since all ingredients are just added to one bowl.
- 1Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
- 2• Grind the crackers. You can do it in a manual parmesan cheese grinder or you can place the crackers in a zip lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
• Melt the butter and add to the crackers and add the cocoa.
• Process the crumbs so that clumps form and then press the crumbs onto a bottom of a 9 inch spring form.
• Wrap outside of the form pan with aluminum foil.
- 3• Melt the chocolate on a steam bath (place the pot with chocolate into a larger one with boiling water and cook it until the chocolate melts).
• Beat the cheese with an electric mixer.
• Mix in the sugar, pudding powder, whole eggs, egg yolks, and then the sour cream.
• Add the cocoa dissolved in water and the melted chocolate.
• Beat the mixture to a smooth creamy batter.
- 4• Pour the cake batter onto the cracker base.
• Place the aluminum foil wrapped pan into a large oven proof pan. Pour hot water into the large pan until it reaches ½ inch up the sides of the pan.
• Place both pans into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
• To test for doneness, gently shake the pan. The top of the cake should move as one solid piece. There should be no soapy movement in center.
• Remove from oven to cool. Refrigerate for 12 hours. Cake will set completely when refrigerated.
- 5• Melt the bittersweet chocolate on a steam bath (place the pot with chocolate into a larger one with boiling water and cook it until the chocolate melts).
• Mix the melted chocolate, cream, and syrup with an electric mixer. If you like you can add sugar.
- 6• Place the cake on a serving plate and pour the sauce on top of it. You can use a spoon or a decorating bag with a small round opening. Enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.