Mounds Candy Bars Recipe
These gluten free mounds bars are easy to make and rich with dark chocolate and a coconut filling consisting of shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave.
- ¾ cup dark chocolate 73%
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (if you want a sweeter filling, try 2 tablespoons)
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat; you can use a double boiler if you wish and temper the chocolate
- Using a small paint brush, coat the bottom and sides of a mounds candy mold
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut oil and agave
- Remove mold from freezer
- Fill chocolate lined molds with coconut mixture
- Paint chocolate over coconut mixture to cover bars
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop mounds out of mold
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.