Go-To dinner party veggies Recipe
This is by far the easiest, tastiest vegetable side dish you will ever come across. Every person I have ever made it for has positively RAVED about it. It goes perfectly with almost anything, its dirt cheap, and cooks in just a few minutes. Plus, the colours are stunning. It literally takes 2 minutes more to prepare than a bowl of sad, frozen veggies, and the difference is amazing. The recipe can be doubled easily, but be wary of crowding the pan, as water can accumulate and make the veggies soggy.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 - 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- gratuitous amounts of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Cut the veggies into uniform pieces. 3/4" dice works very nicely.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted and foaming, add the veggies. Add as much cracked black pepper as you like, for me, the more the better.
- Cook until vegetables are slightly translucent, but colours are still brilliant. about 4 mins. Toss with plenty of sea salt, and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.