Now this is my personal pund cake recipe, and I have never thought pound cake was suppose to be “light.” It should be just as the name denotes, a POUND CAKE. If I dont have enough butter I won’t even make it and call it a pound cake. Be sure all ingredients are at room temperature. I usually measure and set out all ingredients the night before. Except the milk,I normally take it out about 30 minutes to an hour before making the cake.
- 1Cream butter first for about two minutes, then begin to gradually add sugar one cup at a time. Beat for about five minutes, until thick and creamy, and has increased in volume.
- 2Begin adding eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, for about a minute.
- 3Begin to add flour one cup at a time, alternately with cream. Beginning and ending with flour.
- 4Stir in the flavoring.Pour in a greased and floured tube pan.
- 5Put in a COLD OVEN and turn to 300 degrees, cook for an hour and a half or until cake tests done. Cooking time varies depending on your oven.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.