In the 2010 Oscar-nominated film An Education, while Jenny struggles with growing up, her tastes mature beyond her suburban upbringing. Our Earl Grey iced tea, subtly sweetened with lavender-thyme syrup, has a little Paris, a little Oxford, and a lot of virginity.
This recipe was featured as part of our Best Picture Cocktails story.
- 12 Earl Grey tea bags
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup Lavender-Thyme Syrup
- 8 lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- 1Tie tea bags together and set aside.
- 2Bring water to a simmer in a large pot over high heat. Remove the pot from heat, add tea bags, and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags, pour tea into a heatproof container, and let come to room temperature, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 3Add lavender-thyme syrup to tea and stir to combine. Serve over ice with lemon slices, if desired.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved