This a treat for nursing mothers to help promote healthy lactation. It is pretty simple to make and very delicious to eat.
- 1Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a 10 inch loaf pan.
- 1Mix together the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl or cup and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (except the nuts).
- 3Using a stand mixer on low speed combine the butter, eggs, sugar, banana and milk.
Add the vanilla and flax and turn up the speed to medium for about a minute.
- 4Use a rubber spatula to incorporate the flour mixture into the banana mixture 1/3 at a time. Stir in the nuts. Scrape into your greased loaf pan and place in preheated oven.
- 5Bake 50-60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.