Lorin's Banana Bread for Nursing Mothers/ Lorin's Lactation Banana Bread Recipe
This a treat for nursing mothers to help promote healthy lactation. It is pretty simple to make and very delicious to eat.
- 2 Tblsp flax seed meal
- 4 Tblsp water
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. quick cut oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tblsp brewers yeast (sifted)
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. butter (softened)
- 3 eggs (at room temp)
- 1 c. sugar or 3/4 c. agave
- 1 1/4 c. mashed bananas ( about 3 medium or 2 large bananas)
- 2 Tblsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a 10 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl or cup and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (except the nuts).
- Using a stand mixer on low speed combine the butter, eggs, sugar, banana and milk.
Add the vanilla and flax and turn up the speed to medium for about a minute.
- Use a rubber spatula to incorporate the flour mixture into the banana mixture 1/3 at a time. Stir in the nuts. Scrape into your greased loaf pan and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.