This is a traditional Mexican dish with lots of flavor. Don’t afraid of the time it takes, it is SO worth it.
- 1Brown beef shanks in pan with a small amount of oil, then simmer in large pot with onions and garlic, for 1 hour, skimming foam when necessary.
- 2Meanwhile, chop veggies into large bite-size pieces, and quarter corn cobs. Set aside
- 3Also, places Guajillo chilies in small sauce pan with water to cover. Simmer ½ hour
- 4When hour is up, add veggies, bullion, spices, guajillo chilies and chipotles
- 5Simmer for two hours longer, or until meat is very tender, and falls off bone.
- 6serve with lime juice and corn tortillas.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.