Succulent, crunchy, and spicy all in one bite! Wow these wings are good! Instead of deep frying the wings and then drenching them in buttery hot sauce, I poached them slowly in butter. Then ”crispified” the skin in a fry pan for an ultra crunchy crust.
- 1Mix together the hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper for the marinade. Place the wing pieces and marinade in a plastic bag, mix well, remove all the air from the bag and seal tight. Allow to marinate 12-24 hours refrigerated.
- 2In a deep oven safe pan, layer the marinated wings, packing them tight into the bottom of the pan so they will remain submerged under the butter while poaching. Place 2 sticks of unsalted butter on top. Cover the pan and cook in a 160° oven, undisturbed for 6 hours (cooking at a higher temperature would result in a burnt butter).
- 3Remove the wings from the poaching liquid and allow them to cool completely and drain on a rack. They should be cooked through, but not falling apart, and a pale reddish white color.
- 4Just before serving, heat a non stick fry pan to medium heat. Brown the wings for about 1 minute per side until the skin is “crispified.” Be careful not to fry them too long as they will burn easily.
- 5Portion 3-4 per plate, drizzle with Frank’s© RedHot© Sauce, and serve with y0ur favorite ranch dip and carrot sticks.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.