Baked Ziti Recipe
This is a delicious casserole that is quick and easy to make. I always have some Marinara Sauce on hand and with just a few other ingredients, I am ready to prepare Baked Ziti. It can be prepared with whole wheat pasta as well as regular pasta and you can use whole milk ricotta, or part skim milk ricotta or even fat-free ricotta.
- 15 oz. container ricotta cheese (whole milk, low-fat,or fat free ricotta)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (save some for topping)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Marinara Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 lb. Ziti pasta
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook Ziti in boiling salted water until al dente (firm, not soft). Drain and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mix until well blended ricotta cheese, beaten egg, shredded mozzarella (save some for topping), Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat bottom of quart size casserole dish with marinara sauce. Add the pasta to casserole dish. Add some marinara sauce to coat pasta. Add the ricotta cheese mixture and blend into the pasta. Place more marinara sauce on top of pasta and finsh by topping with additional mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish and bake covered for 30 minutes, until pasta is heated thoroughout. Remove cover and bake additional 15 to 20 until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and have some additional marinara sauce for those who want more sauce.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.