Smart Blondies Recipe
dietary conscious BLONDIES . . . . STRAIGHT UP!
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 T arrowroot
- 1/2 cup + 2 T evaporated cane juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (unrefined has "coconutty" flavor, while refined does not)
- 1/6 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly oil 18 cups of a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and hot water.
- Once mixed, fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula until they are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating once after 7 minutes. (Note: recipe is for high altitude. If you are lower bake less [ 9-12 minutes ]).
- Remove from oven and let cool in mini muffin tin for 10 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.