Spiced Candied Pecans Recipe
Game plan: If you prefer other nuts over pecans, feel free to substitute them in this recipe.
This recipe was featured as part of our Mardi Gras Recipes photo gallery.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 pound whole, raw pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the butter and nuts in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and stir until incorporated. Add the nuts and stir until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once, until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool on the baking sheet.
Recipe provided by Chef Donald Link, author of Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link’s Louisiana.