I’m slightly addicted to these Gluten Free Vanilla Roasted Walnuts and so is my husband. They have a hint of sweetness and a nice burst of vanilla goodness. On top of that, Walnuts are a great source of Omega-3’s, have a high antioxident count and are also beneficial for cardiovascular health. So I’m on the walnut bandwagon.
- 1Place walnuts and oil in a cast iron skillet (that’s what I used, you can experiment) and turn heat to high
- 2As soon as you hear the slightest sizzle, turn heat down to medium or low
- 3Toast walnuts a few minutes until they smell nice and nutty
- 4Add agave and distribute around pan stirring, cook for a minute or two, then add salt
- 5Scrape the beans out of the vanilla pod and stir into walnuts
- 6Remove walnuts from pan and add just a dash of cinnamon if you like
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.