Vanilla Roasted Walnuts Recipe
I’m slightly addicted to these Gluten Free Vanilla Roasted Walnuts and so is my husband. They have a hint of sweetness and a nice burst of vanilla goodness. On top of that, Walnuts are a great source of Omega-3’s, have a high antioxident count and are also beneficial for cardiovascular health. So I’m on the walnut bandwagon.
- 2 cups walnuts, raw
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1-2 Vanilla Beans
- dash cinnamon, ground
- Place walnuts and oil in a cast iron skillet (that’s what I used, you can experiment) and turn heat to high
- As soon as you hear the slightest sizzle, turn heat down to medium or low
- Toast walnuts a few minutes until they smell nice and nutty
- Add agave and distribute around pan stirring, cook for a minute or two, then add salt
- Scrape the beans out of the vanilla pod and stir into walnuts
- Remove walnuts from pan and add just a dash of cinnamon if you like
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.