Gluten Free Star Cookies Recipe
These cookies are a part of a recent round-up of some of my favorite gluten free Christmas recipes.
My family has been going wild for these Gluten Free Star Cookies lately—the boys have been pulling out all of our cookie cutters and making them in every possible shape, then frosting them with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting. Yum.
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- In a smaller bowl, mix together coconut oil, agave and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, then chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Place dough in between 2 large pieces of parchment paper and roll out until ¼ inch thick
- Remove top piece of parchment paper and cut out cookies with a small star (or any shape) cookie cutter
- Using a metal spatula, place stars on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° until lightly browned around the edges, 7-10 minutes
- Cool completely prior to handling cookies
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.