Frizzle Fried onions add a classy twist to any dish. Can also be used as a side. This recipe is especially tasty on our meatloaf (a 2010 Sodexo College Food Trends finalist,) which can be found elsewhere on this site. Enjoy!
- 1Rinse onions in cold water. Drain well.
- 2Slice onions in 1/16” size pieces.
- 3Combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 4Combine onions and flour mixture. Toss evenly to coat. Shake excess flour from onions.
- 5Fat fry onions at 350 degrees F. until golden brown. Min. internal temp.: 140 degrees F.
- 6Drain well.
- 7Cool to room temperature and garnish meatloaf or any other delicious dish.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.