Frizzle-Fried Onions Recipe
Frizzle Fried onions add a classy twist to any dish. Can also be used as a side. This recipe is especially tasty on our meatloaf (a 2010 Sodexo College Food Trends finalist,) which can be found elsewhere on this site. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Fresh Yellow Onions
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon & 2 1/4 teaspoon Deep Fat Frying Oil
- Rinse onions in cold water. Drain well.
- Slice onions in 1/16” size pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine onions and flour mixture. Toss evenly to coat. Shake excess flour from onions.
- Fat fry onions at 350 degrees F. until golden brown. Min. internal temp.: 140 degrees F.
- Drain well.
- Cool to room temperature and garnish meatloaf or any other delicious dish.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.