Joyce's Turnip Puff Recipe
If your in the mood for turnip your in the mood for fluffy-cheesy turnip.
You can also substitute the turnips with parsnips or rutabaga.
- 3 cups mashed turnips
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion; cook until soft but not brown.
- Add to the mashed turnip and beat in eggs and milk until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Turn into a greased 1 qt. casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake @ 350F for 20 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.