It seems that Fennel Apple Soup is on everyone’s radar these days. And what better time than now?! It’s perfect soup weather here in Boulder—a toasty -2 outside, which begs for soup.
Gluten Free Fennel Apple Soup has been popping up everywhere—on various gluten free yahoo groups and in various magazines. Here’s my version.
- 1Heat olive oil in a large pot
- 2Saute onion over low or medium heat for 10-15 minutes until soft and almost browned
- 3Add fennel and apples and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften or brown
- 4Add chicken stock and thyme
- 5Puree soup in small batches (for safety purposes) in a vita-mix until smooth and creamy
- 6Reheat soup and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.