Fennel Apple Soup Recipe
It seems that Fennel Apple Soup is on everyone’s radar these days. And what better time than now?! It’s perfect soup weather here in Boulder—a toasty -2 outside, which begs for soup.
Gluten Free Fennel Apple Soup has been popping up everywhere—on various gluten free yahoo groups and in various magazines. Here’s my version.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 (medium to large) fennel bulbs stems removed and diced
- 2 large apples (I used Honeycrisp), peeled, cored and diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- Saute onion over low or medium heat for 10-15 minutes until soft and almost browned
- Add fennel and apples and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften or brown
- Add chicken stock and thyme
- Puree soup in small batches (for safety purposes) in a vita-mix until smooth and creamy
- Reheat soup and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.