The Lava Lamp Recipe
This sweet tart pomegranate cocktail from my book The Bubbly Bar tastes as good as it looks. The bubbles in the sparkling wine make the pomegranate seeds rise and fall in the glass, just like an old lava lamp. Using a flute with a long hollow stem will help out this effect, but most important is using seeds from a nice fresh pomegranate.
- 1 ounce Pama pomegranate liqueur or 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 5 ounces brut sparkling wine, well chilled
- 3 pomegranate seeds
- Add the pomegranate liqueur or pomegranate juice to a champagne flute.
- Fill the glass with the sparkling wine.
- Drop the pomegranate seeds in the glass.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.