Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe
I asked my son what kind of ice cream he would like for the holidays. He replied “Pumpkin Pie ice cream!” so I came up with this. It tastes like the last bite of pumpkin pie when the whipped cream has melted with the pie making a pie/cream slurry. Yum!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 C white sugar
- 2 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 C heavy cream
- 1 C half-and-half cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TB pumkin pie spice + more to taste
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Taste and add more pumpkin pie spice if needed
- Allow to chill in the refrigerat or 2 hours, or overnight
- Pour mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.