This is a great lunch time dish or good for a snack. We have taken the traditional Thai style fried rice and added out special twist. Vegetarians can just leave out the chicken.
- 1Cut the chicken into bite size strips and finely chop carrot, green beans, cabbage, red pepper and cut 2 tomatoes into quarters. Stir fry the chicken until sealed and then add the carrot, green beans and red pepper. When the chicken and veg are almost cooked add the cabbage and tomatoes and stri fry until they are cooked.
- 2Set aside the cooked chicken and veg mixture in a bowl.
- 3Add the cold rice to the wok/pan you were just using for stir frying the chicken and veg and add some light soy sauce. Stir fry the rice until it is all coated with soy sauce and the grains are quite seperate.
- 4Once the soy sauce is mixed into the rice and it is beginning to warm through, add some sweet chilli sauce to the rice/soy sauce mix. This gives the fried rice a nice sweet and slightly spicy flavour.
- 5Mix the sweet chilli sauce thoroughly into the rice and then add the chicken and veg mixture. Combine the rice, chicken and veg and make sure it’s piping hot.
- 6Yum Asia fried rice is ready to serve – serve with a garnish of cucumber or a sprinkle of white pepper powder for an extra kick.
- 7If too much is made just put it in a sealed container in the fridge and reheat in a pan later for a delicious snack!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.