Salmon Kabayaki Recipe
There was a shortage of Fish Kabayaki the other night when I made this amazing dish from Jaden’s Steamy Kitchen Cookbook. I used salmon to make this sweet and tangy Gluten Free Salmon Kabayaki and it was phenomenal.
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4 fillets (patted very dry to avoid oil splattering)
- ¼ cup ume plum vinegar
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together ume plum vinegar and agave
- When sauce begins to bubble turn down heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
- Place oils in a large frying pan over high heat
- Place salmon in frying pan, do not allow fillets to touch each other
- Fry for 2 minutes until the bottoms are browned
- Brush Kabayaki sauce on the fillets
- Flip salmon over and brush top of the other side, then fry for another minute or 2 until fish flakes easily and is cooked through
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.