This sophisticated starter more closely resembles a pesto, and its peppery, nutty flavor goes great with our Black Pepper Lavash.
Game plan: If your bunches of watercress are large, try adding them to the food processor a little at a time, pulsing as you go.
You can make this dip up to 3 days in advance.
This recipe was featured as part of our Neoslacker Interactive Thanksgiving.
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, dried, and tough stems removed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon coarsely chopped shallot
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Combine all ingredients except oils in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in oils.
- 2Continue processing until mixture resembles a thick pesto, about 1 minute. Season well with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved