Coconut Chicken Soup Recipe
This Gluten Free Coconut Chicken Soup Recipe was inspired by Jaden’s Lemongrass Chicken and Coconut Soup from her fabulous book, The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 fresh thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced into thin coins
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 6 ounces leftover chicken
- 1 cup mushrooms, rinsed, drained and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- In a pot, bring chicken stock and ginger to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, agave, chicken, mushrooms and carrot
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.