Cherry Pudding (For Chocolate Cherry Trifle) Recipe
This cherry pudding is easy to make and provides a soft, creamy layer in the Chocolate Cherry Trifle (Recipe on CHOW).
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon (pinch) salt
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup of cherry juice (reserved from drained pre-brandied cherries)
- 1/4 teaspoon cherry flavored brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large saucepan on the stove, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Turn heat onto medium, and slowly stir in the milk with a wire whisk.
- Continue whisking until the mixture comes to a rollicking, bubbly boil, and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the reserved 1/4 cup cherry juice, brandy, and butter, until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface of the pudding so skin does not form. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the trifle.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.